An Autumn Veggie Guide for Kids
Henry returned from pre-school this week with a small bag of soil and instructed me to keep it on the kitchen windowsill. I was sceptical but now we have something (I think peas) growing.
So, a quick text to an agronomist friend for some planting tips and our weekend is sorted. If you’re looking for some inspiration here’s what she suggests:
- Choose fast-growing veggies, or the kids will lose interest.
- Microgreens will deliver a fast turnaround and they'll grow in a pot.
- Broccolini is a regenerative plant so it will continue to produce secondary heads.
- Beetroot is fun to harvest.
- Kids can snack on snow peas straight from the garden.
- Silverbeet always yields well.
Whilst we have dirty hands I think we will also pop some bulbs in for spring – you know we love colour at French Soda!
And, if you are looking for the perfect kids gardening boots then you should look at our new gumboot range.
Have a lovely weekend, Ashlee.
Just a little warning – our warehouse relocation is finally happening. Please note orders placed after 16th March may be delayed until 23rd March.